>

T20 WC 2024: Ganguly and Ponting give green signal to Pant

T20 WC 2024: IPL fever is currently prevalent among all the cricket lovers in India. All the cricket lovers are busy supporting their team and their favorite player. After the end of IPL, another big tournament is going to start. Yes, after the end of IPL 2024, the T20 World Cup will be played co-hosted by West Indies and America. For which BCCI has already started preparations. The BCCI selectors are keeping an eye on all the young players of India (who are currently playing IPL 2024). At the same time, all the former experienced players are also expressing their reaction regarding the World Cup team. Apart from the young players, his statements are also being made on all the experienced players. At the DC Media Day in New Delhi, former BCCI chief Saurabh Ganguly and Ponting have given statements regarding Rishabh Pant getting a place in the Indian team. They believe that the way Pant is showcasing his game. Seeing him, the BCCI selectors will definitely give him a place in the Indian team in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024.

T20 WC 2024: Pant will get a place in the team: Ganguly

Former BCCI chief Saurabh Ganguly, at the DC Media Day in New Delhi, said about Pant’s chances of making a place in India’s T20 World Cup squad, ‘I feel that Rishabh Pant will get a place in the team. His presence alone will make the team a great team. As in any sport, the most equipped and better players play for their own team. Similarly, I think Pant is definitely in that category, I am sure he will go to West Indies. Talking about Pant’s batting position, he said, ‘He should bat in the middle order. It is very difficult to say in T20 cricket, because the match-up depends on the right-left combination. From the Indian team, he can get a place between number 3 to 7.

T20 WC 2024: Pant can make an impact in the match with his game: Ponting

Ponting detailed how Pant has regained confidence in his body while handling the increased workload over the past month. On Pant’s progress, Ponting said, ‘It is very clear that he is getting better and better at the game.’ He further said, ‘I think she has started to have a little more confidence in her body as well. Initially he was a little apprehensive about what he could do, especially in wicketkeeping. At the beginning, he also batted a little bit in this season. But now he has started having confidence in his game and his health. But I think we are seeing his ability to play every game so far as a keeper, I think his batting is getting better and the game is getting better. Putting his views forward, he said, ‘In the last few weeks, I have already been asked several times as to what are his chances now that he is playing again in the World Cup. I think he will definitely be in the team. He is a very good player and he can impact the match with his game.

T20 WC 2024: Pant looks fit

Rishabh Pant looks quite fit while playing in IPL 2024. Apart from showing his magic from behind the wicket, Pant is also scoring runs from his bat. While batting, Pant is also beating the bowlers of the opposite team fiercely. Looking at his batting and agility, it can be clearly said that Pant is completely fit for the T20 World Cup and the selectors can give him a place in the World Cup team.

Leave a Comment