Chhattisgarh: Home Minister Shah expressed happiness over the major action of security forces

Chhattisgarh: Union Home Minister Amit Shah congratulated the security forces for the major success against Naxalites in Kanker, Chhattisgarh. He posted on X and wrote, today a large number of Naxalites have been killed in the operation of security forces in Chhattisgarh. I congratulate all the security personnel who made this operation successful with their bravery and wish the speedy recovery of the brave policemen who were injured. Shah further wrote, Naxalism is the biggest enemy of development, peace and the bright future of the youth. Under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, we are determined to free the country from the sting of Naxalism. Due to the offensive policy of the government and the efforts of the security forces, today Naxalism has been reduced to a small area. soon Chhattisgarh And the entire country will be completely Naxal free.

Major action against Naxalites in Kanker before voting

Kanker district falls in the Kanker Lok Sabha constituency, where voting will be held in the second phase of general elections on April 26. Before voting, security forces have achieved great success against Naxalites. Bastar region’s Inspector General of Police Sundarraj P said that security forces have killed 29 Naxalites in the encounter that took place in the forest of Hapatola village between Binagunda and Coronar villages under Chhotabethia police station area of ​​the district.

Security forces conducted the campaign like this

Inspector General of Police Sundarraj P said that the security forces had received information about the presence of Naxalites Shankar, Lalita, Raju and other Naxalites of North Bastar Division of Maoists. After the information, a joint team of Border Security Force (BSF) and District Reserve Guard (DRG) was sent for patrolling in Chhotabethiya police station area. The team was in the forest of Hapatola village at around 2 pm on Tuesday afternoon when the Naxalites opened fire on the security forces. After this the security forces also retaliated.

Security forces recovered huge quantity of weapons

The police officer said, according to preliminary information, dead bodies of 29 Naxalites, a huge quantity of weapons including AK-47 rifle, SLR rifle, INSAS rifle and 303 guns have been recovered from the spot. He said that the search operation is still going on in the area amid intermittent firing between security forces and Naxalites. More information will be shared after the campaign ends. Sundarraj said, three soldiers have been injured in the encounter and they are being taken to the hospital. The condition of the soldiers is said to be out of danger.

13 Naxalites were also killed in Bijapur

A large number of BSF have been deployed in Naxal affected Kanker district. With this incident, so far this year, security forces have killed 79 Naxalites in separate encounters in seven districts of Bastar region including Kanker. Voting will be held in the first phase of general elections on April 19 in Naxal-affected Bastar Lok Sabha seat adjacent to Kanker Lok Sabha constituency. On 2nd of this month, 13 Naxalites were killed in an encounter with security forces in Bijapur district of the state.

Also Read: Boat capsizes in Jhelum river, death toll rises to 6, search for 3 continues

Leave a Comment